Friday, December 3, 2010

Zakhor. Al Tichkah.

  It's done. And this is now one of my favourite books. It's gripping, exciting, and emotional. This book was also one of the best written books that I have read. It deals with such a strong and emotional subject but Mrs. De Rosnay makes it easy to read about, without belittling the subject matter. I also loved going back and forth through time periods and was sad when it stopped. It gave me a look inside more than one character which doesn't usually happen. I also learned a lot from this book about the Vel D'hiv, which before reading I wasn't really aware of. I had heard of it once before in history class but it was briefly mentioned; this book gave me a real insight to what happened. It showed how the Jewish families felt and treated, how the people of France reacted, and how present day we try to remember. The emotions in this book were so strong, and deep that at some points I wanted to cry for Sarah. I was immersed in this book from the moment I started reading it and I couldn't put it down. Everything about this book made it delightful to read, even though the mood of the story sorrowful. This book is what it promises to be, and is something that will stay on my mind for a long time. I am recommending it to everyone one of my friends because I thought it was so good. It is a very touching and heartfelt story that kept me wanting more. I'm sad that it's over, but I know I will Zakhor. Al Tichkah; Remember. Never forget

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I just wanted let you know that I appreciate the work you put in your blog regarding Sarah's Key. I hope you don't mind, but I've referenced you in my own: http://ausdbookclub.blogspot.com/

    My blog at this point is more of an informational site for our group. I wish I had more time to devote to the details like you have in yours. Happy Reading and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read the novel.
    It was 100 pages too long.

    ReplyDelete