Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Abortion Issue

  Julia is pregnant! It's wonderful news considering her past history with miscarriages, and her age. But Bertrand doesn't want to have this baby! This makes me not like him even more then I did before. He was always arrogant and thinking he was superior. He also was not supportive of Julia and her work on the Vel d'hiv and Sarah. To me for a relationship to work you both have to support each other and Betrand did not seem to ever support Julia. And then we find out he had an affaire, of course that’s when I decided I truly disliked him. Julia was forgiving enough to stay with him, but I'm not sure if I would be able to do that, or even trust him again. But then when he says he doesn't want to keep the baby, that’s when I really hated him. He wants her to get an abortion! Something that is a miracle to Julia is a tragedy to Bertrand, and he tells her she must give it up. This is the abortion issue, and personally I do not think she should have the abortion. She portrays emotions of happiness, and excitement when she finds out about this miracle, why should she have to give it up because he says so?  It is Julia's decision and Bertrand is just being selfish. He says the reason he does not want to have the baby is because he doesn't have to be an old father. To me this is the worst excuse for not having a baby that you could ever think of. The child won’t care how old their parents are all they will care about is the love they receive and age doesn't stop you from loving. Bertrand is just having a mid life crisis and he needs to be supportive and allow Julia to do what she wants. 
  But then again with him being so negative and selfish, maybe it is better for Julia to get a divorce to get rid of the negativity in her life. She could have to baby and do as she pleased, without a burden of Bertrand to bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment