Friday, December 3, 2010

The End

  The book is done and I am sad it's over. I just wanted to keep reading and I kept putting off reading the ending because I didn't want it to end. I was quite happy that Julia moved to the States and that she could not live in Sarah's old house. I know after learning about the past history I wouldn't be able to live there, and I'm glad that Julia felt the same way. I was also very happy when Mr. William Rainsferd called her and asked to see her again. Him and Julia didn't really have closure together and if they didn't meet up Julia would be wondering about him forever. She had to know that she didn't ruin his life, and that he knows what she did was so Sarah was never forgotten. At the end of the book it is also set in NYC in 2005 so Julia has had her baby and she is now a toddler. Like at the beginning of the book this little girl does not have a name, she is referred to as "the baby", but I had my suspicions that her name would be Sarah. And I was right she named her after Sarah Starzynski. She felt that it was the right thing to do seeing as she had spent her pregnancy searching about Sarah, and it was a way for her to remember her always. Julia says "My Sarah. An echo to the other one, to the other Sarah, to the little girl with the yellow star who had changed my life." (p293) I'm glad that Julia is now able to go on in her life and that Sarah will always play a role in her life. I just wish that the book kept on going, because I loved the way it was written and it was hard to stop reading. This is now one of my favourite books and I am so glad I choose to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment